Friday 28 May 2010

Comparisons of Covers- The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey

Ok this is just somthing I came up with after looking at some US vs UK covers post. I decided I wanted to do something like that but with any covers not just US and UK. So I decided first I am going to The Monstrumologist, a great YA historical fiction/ horror novel. If anyone wants to do this too they can. So here are the covers:

US Hardback:


















US Paperback:


















UK Paperback:



German Hardback:


If you want to comment on what you think of the idea and of the covers.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for following my little blog. It means alot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting to see the focal point in the graphics changes by country. I'd be curious to know what the marketing psychology is behind this. The German version reminds me of a children's fairy tale wood cut, a far cry from the first one, which is more brutal...and because of that I'd never want to buy it. Thanks for posting these. I enjoyed it. By the way, I found you on the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the first one the best. It feels science fictiony and alludes to some sort of biological weird life form without showing me a picture. I like to be able to use my imagination without having a picture interfering. I almost bought this one once...i remember some sort of opening poem that was sweet but it didn't look like the book was written in the same vein so i put it back.

    ReplyDelete