Wednesday 24 March 2010

Deadly Little Secret Book Review

Author: Laurie Faria Stolarz
Publication Date: December 2008
Grade: A-
Gender: Female
Age: 12+
Genre: Thriller (I guess?)
     I didn't think I would like this book, but it was pretty good. I have to say, I still like Blue Is For Nightmares better. It feels refreshing to actually give a book a A, I haven't done that in a while. You see, I like to talk about the bad things in a story and I know a book is good when it takes me awhile to think of something. That happened with this book. I rarely get scared in books, but on parts of this, I actually got a little nervous and had to check around the room to make sure nobody is there. So that is definitely a good sign. This book went very fast, which I like I don't like when books go super slow so that is good, but because I have to say some thing bad. I didn't really identify that much with the main character, I was nothing alike her and I found it hard to like her. I just don't know why. I also don't like to much romance in a story, if there is a little it doesn't bother me, but there just was a little to much in this one.That is why I gave it a A-. Ok that is pretty much the only bad things. In the first half of the book I seriously thought that it was Ben that was stalking her and that those chapters with the bad writing, he was writing. Then I started to realize that it can't be Ben, because that would be way too predictable. So then I thought i was her boss, Spencer was stalking her, he just seemed malicious. Then I did something when I was about forty pages from the end that would of probably ruined the book for most people, I looked ahead and figured out Matt did it, I know, it was very stupid for me to do, but it didn't ruin the book for me, so i'm ok. Something about the very end bothered me though, I just couldn't get why Ben left her? Seriously, does stuff like that always happed in teen books? I guess I just have to read the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment